Followers

Monday, June 12, 2017

turning point...




Not often do I indulge in a sad post, but this is to be one of those rare occasions...
You may have noticed I have not been posting here for about a week...
But I have been drowning in mid year report writing and marking for secondary students...

And there is more...

I have decided it is time to let go some of the memes I run...
Monday Mellow Yellows
Scenic Weekends
Wednesday Waters
as well as ones I share with MMT (but she is going to continue the following ones for awhile)...
Shadow Shot Sunday 2
Ruby Tuesday Too
Macro Monday 2
Some of these memes have been running for almost 6 years...a long time...
(And each post always includes a photo relevant to the meme...)

The sadness involves the feeling that I am becoming just a robotic convenienece...
Always there for participants to drop their links...
Many regulars barely comment...
Some participants have never commented on my meme post...

Even today, my last post for Monday Mellow Yellows...
Participants have linked up and not a comment...
Not a word...
Not a thanks...

It hurts...


I do know the meme world is fading these days...
But still...
For those who still connect...
It would be so nice to be noticed...


The autumn leaves in the photo above seem to embody some element of all the memes I have run..
Just a little nostalgia...


deep breath
eyes to the stars
walk on


3 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I can see why you feel a bit sad Gemma, I imagine it takes quite a lot of organising to run the memes and not getting any feedback would be disheartening to say the least. I only participate in two, Weekend Reflections and Monday Murals but it's always good to show appreciation. Your autumn colours here remind me of my Japanese maple in the front garden, I love it at this time of year.

William Kendall said...

This is a pretty shot, Gemma. It's understandable that you'd make that decision. It is a problem having too many of these link ups out there, particularly when it doesn't generate comments.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Your reflections are poignant. Your pain is real. Memes are a great way to connect to people all over the world, but few seem interested in connections these days. We have become self-absorbed--like the U.S. president. It's an odd time we live in, yet there are little oases of beauty here and there. This blog is one of them. Thank you, Gemma.

Blog Archive