S is for Sorrento...
(Continuing my series on the Mornington Peninsula)
Sorrento is another popular seaside town on Port Phillip Bay.
First British settlement of Port Phillip Bay began here in 1803 before Melbourne was settled in 1835.
Sorrento is popular for:
* scenic beach on Port Phillip Bay
* scenic and rugged ocean beach on Westernport Bay (just like last week's Rye Back Beach)
* dolphin watching tours
* wonderful seaside views from accommodation
* scenic streets
* boutique main street shopping
* scenic cliff top parkland overlooking Port Phillip Bay
* Queenscliff-Sorrento ferry crossing Port Phillip Bay to the opposite Bellarine Peninsula
The photo above is a view shows part of the coastline at Sorrento and a portion of the pier leading to the Queenscliff-Sorrento ferry.
Interesting sign near the bay beach area not far from the pier.
A view from the cliff top parkland of the Sorrento area.
A landmark at the beginning of the main shopping area in Sorrento.
One of many interesting old buildings in Sorrento built from local limestone.
foundation stone of our life
like a sweet mother
The ferry docked at Sorrento.
The back end opens for cars to board.
ABC Wednesday Round 12 - S is for Sorrento