Followers

Sunday, March 10, 2019

a short, refreshing walk...


Yesterday morning was sunny...perhaps a little brisk...
but glowing with the spirit of a Summer-going-in-to-Autumn morning...
Before the day unfolded with my other life, I took a walk along my beloved Dromana foreshore...


I hadn't checked out the mural of old Dromana in a while,
so decided to see if it was still faring well...
Clearly, plants had grown, obscuring one large section of the mural on the right...


But my favourite section of the mural was still clearly visible...
The rails that used to run along the pier - to load goods on steamers bound for Port Melbourne - were there in the foreground...
and quaint little shops gathered opposite the pier...
It was built to facilitate the regular landing of Port Phillip Bay’s Steamers – firstly to transport the produce of Arthurs Seat’s logging trade to Melbourne, as well as transporting passengers around the bay. In the latter half of the 19th century, as the tourist industry grew, steamers such as the: PS ‘Ozone’, PS ‘Hygeia’, PS ‘Edina’, PS ‘Weeroona‘ carried passengers to the Mornington Peninsula, whose beaches became a very popular seaside holiday destination. Source: Dromana Pier c. 1860's


As usual, casual runners, cyclists and walkers were active...


and those running to a fitness routine...


and dogs of course...


But I was really there for the quiet walk with trees and the sea views...


4 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh you were up and about early this morning Gemma.. I keep forgetting you are three hours ahead of us 😊 A walk like this is the perfect way to start the day, enjoy your Sunday ✨

Taken For Granted said...

I see you had a fine walk along the beach. I enjoyed seeing your photos.

William Kendall said...

The dog shot is my favourite of these

Lea said...

Love that last photo!

Blog Archive