Followers

Thursday, August 16, 2012

No Standing With a Difference!


The NO STANDING sign is quite familiar.
But I have never seen such a rusty version of the sign like this one in a Tyabb street.
The sign is attached to a fence style gateway surrounding a home.
And the single wheel thrust through the "fence" seems to add some character - and a question or two.
Could the sign possibly have been "borrowed" on some long term lease?
And I wonder why just one protruding wheel?


Ordinary sign
Add a few quirky details
Extraordinary


Linking to:
Signs, Signs

7 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

There's been 'no standing' there for a very long time evidently!

Pat said...

The wheel sticking out IS puzzling. It's like the gates were cut out around it. At first I thought the gate had a wheel on it to open easily, but I don't think that is the case now. I think you should go back to the scene of the crime and explore this situation more! ;)

RedPat said...

Love that wheel poking through the fence!

Andy said...

Why don't you stand around and see what happens:-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I agree Gemma a very intriguing sight indeed..questions, questions!!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

I wonder if the fence rolls back and forth! ;-)

Lesley said...

very curious!

Blog Archive