Fishing on Dromana pier overlooking Port Phillip Bay is a popular past time - even in the winter time.
The pier was built in 1862 and then extended in 1873.
It is the second longest pier in Port Phillip Bay - exceeded only by Port Melbourne's Station Pier opened in 1854.
Originally, the pier was used by a large fishing fleet and local producers, as no road transport to Melbourne markets was available.
The navy's “explosive and munitions research branch“ used the pier to load and unload munitions from their vessels.
Evidence can still be found under the sands!
Laden with colourful tales
Still creating more
The old wooden pier was superseded in 1960 by the new concrete one seen today!
Click HERE for more participants in Shadow Shot Sunday 2!